Re: New ftp section for libc[45] - what to call it?

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Lalo Martins wrote:

> > > IMHO, oldlibs sounds best.
> >
> > I'd rather call it 'obsolete'. So if one day we need to keep
> > somewhere old packages not necessarilly containing libraries,
> > we'll be able to put them there too.
>
> I agree. Something like "obsolete" is the way to go. But
> "obsolete" sounds like these are obsolete packages... it's
> best to make clear that they are _normal_ packages that just
> deal with obsolete {libraries|formats|whatever}.

Most of the time, they are obsolete packages too.
All of the packages aout-gcc, libc4, libc4-dev, dld, old tcl/tk are
orphaned as far as I know... So obsolete also refers to the fact they are
unmaintained.

	C.,

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -