Re: Once again: libc6 packages compatibility etc...

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Philippe Troin wrote:

> On 15 Sep 1997 10:18:48 CDT Guy Maor (maor@ece.utexas.edu) wrote:
>
> > Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org> writes:
> >
> > > Is that correct (including the `g' placement) ?
> >
> > Actually I placed the `g' before the version in my package.  What is
> > the correct way to do this?  What is Redhat doing?
>
> So what's the consensus for the `g' ? Before of after the lib soname ?

Not really a consensus. Some use before and some use after. FWIW xlib6
and xpm4 use after, and there are many packages depending on those two...

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna