Re: proposed changes to Debian web pages

On Sun, Sep 14, 1997 at 06:05:47PM -0400, Mark Eichin wrote:
> > high contrast.  That's why books are printed on white paper and not
> (1) Paper Doesn't *GLOW*

> (2) spurious argument (the history has *nothing* to do with contrast:
> black ink has less variation than white; printing white on black paper
> would be hard by comparison, and it isn't really known if it would be
> an improvement overall.  yellow or green on black is *much* higher
> contrast than black on white...)

This reminds me of my german teacher: He used *yellow* chalks on the
darkgreen-"black"board, to improve readability, although the yellow chalk
was harder to remove from the board.

I think, the good ol' Braunsche Röhre is not the best choice anymore. When
will we have the super-eyefriendly screen?

> Nonetheless, I'm happy to let the web-team make whatever choices they
> like; as long as the information is there, I can get it out from under
> their formatting :-)

Let them not choose white on white :-)

"Rhubarb is no Egyptian god."
Marcus Brinkmann