building packages for contrib

Hello.

I've been working on packaging up VICE (Commodore emulation). The
policy manual is not too clear on whether distribution it with dummy
ROM images means it should go into contrib or not. However, my
immediate problem is how to get things working for contrib.

The current packaging manual mentions Distribution, but dpkg doesn't
like that. What should I do (in control, changelog and elsewhere) to
build a package for upload into hamm/contrib/*/foobar ?

Thanks in advance,

Giuliano Procida.

gpp10@cam.ac.uk +44 1223 358608 Magdalene College Cambridge CB3 0AG UK