Re: 3270 terminal emulator for Debian/Linux?

Hi all,

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:

: Anyways, I tried to access a MVS IBM mainframe with the tn3270. It seemed
: to work, but the screen is screwed up. Does someone have any experience
: with this and can give me a hint?

We are succesfully using tn3270 in our production Debian boxes to access
our corporate mainframe. I also got the sources from the Internet (sunsite
I think it was) and when I first tried to run it the screen was screwed
as well.

Installing the package termcap-compat solves the problem. I think it is
because Debian does not use termcap for terminal control, it uses
ncurses; and tn3270 seems to use termcap.

Good luck.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris