Re: 3270 terminal emulator for Debian/Linux?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: 3270 terminal emulator for Debian/Linux?
- From: "Eloy A. Paris" <email@example.com>
- Date: 7 Sep 1997 21:04:14 GMT
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.970831195337.6430C-100000@monet>
Christian Schwarz <email@example.com> wrote:
: Anyways, I tried to access a MVS IBM mainframe with the tn3270. It seemed
: to work, but the screen is screwed up. Does someone have any experience
: with this and can give me a hint?
We are succesfully using tn3270 in our production Debian boxes to access
our corporate mainframe. I also got the sources from the Internet (sunsite
I think it was) and when I first tried to run it the screen was screwed
Installing the package termcap-compat solves the problem. I think it is
because Debian does not use termcap for terminal control, it uses
ncurses; and tn3270 seems to use termcap.
Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department
Rockwell Automation de Venezuela
Telephone: +58-2-9432311 Fax: +58-2-9431645
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .