Re: libc6 too unstable ?

> I should take this time to put in a concern of mine.

Then I'll take some time to advertise a solution of mine, again.

> My machine that I do development on is largely running stable.  As I
> use it for other things besides Debian and have a limited amount of
> time, I cannot afford to run unstable on it, especially with such
> drastic changes.  The good news is: none of my packages are libraries
> or something of the sort.
>
> Does this mean that I need to find another machine to use for a
> development machine for Debian?

You need look no further.

rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl is your friend!

I'm handing out longins to my machine for people to buidl libc6
versions of their packages.

Mail me if you want an account (to other people: if you are a
reasonably new developper, and I may not have your PGP key in my
keyring yet. Could you then include a key in your message? [1])

On the other hand,
> Or is it OK to release libc5 packages
> into unstable until unstable becomes stable enough to be usable?
> (Ick, what an ugly sentence.. <g>)

Yes, that's perfectly OK. In fackt, unstable is already stable enough
to switch right now, so no reason to wait!

> Notice: You may purchase the right to send me unsolicited commercial e-mail
> ("spam") for the fee of $500 (USD) per message.

Oops -- I just advertised my computer! And, I cannot remember you
solicited for that advert. Still, I'm not going to pay!

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org
#!/usr/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj