Re: Bug system severities

jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl writes:

> - "out of date": there is a newer upstream version available.
>   This is orthogonal to the currently proposed values.

No, the severity field should describe the severity, not the type of
bug.  An out of date bug is just a normal bug.  Otherwise we would add
severities dependency-error, packaging-error, out-of-date-standards,
etc.

> - "fyi": information for the maintainer (or future maintainer in the case of
>   orphaned packages) for which regular email isn't appropriate (e.g.
>   maintainer is busy or wants to use the bugtracking system as a reminder).

The information is probably relating to some bug - so it can just be
sent to that bug's address.

Guy