Re: Policy for kernel modules ?

Hi,

	This situation (modules which are patches to standard kernels)
 can be handled with the mechanisms I proposed for multiple
 architecture support on this list (which people have ignored
 since). With the proposal, the module can be distributed as a source
 deb file for people to compile their own kernels (only the patch
 being uploaded, rather than the who gigantic source tree), and could
 be distributed as prebuilt standard kernel images as well.

	The proposal also covers multiple non-interfering patches,
 which is really nice for people on the bleeding edge.

	If I hear no objections, I shall assume that the silent
 majority (unanimity?) is in favour, and shall implement the
 kernel patch enhancements into kernel-package.

	manoj
 expectantly
--
 At West Point, the cadets had been full of bravado...But bravado was
 grounded in ignorance; true courage was possible only after one