Re: Packages to go in 1.3.1r3 (Was: Debian Releases )

>         I am in the process of releasing a version of kernel-package
>  that I think is stable (the only thing people have come up with are a
>  typo in a README file, and to preserve the time stamp of files during
>  installation).
>         The only problem with including this in stable is that I
>  explicitly depend on dpkg-dev (>=, since earlier versions
>  have the dpkg-gencontrol bug.
>         Even though the newer kernel packages have some nice features,
>  and do fix one major bug (the text files in /lib/modules/* issue), as
>  long as we do not also upload a fixed version of dpkg-dev, there is
>  no point in moving kernel-package to stable, since it would still be
>  impossible to compile kernel-image packages.

I'm trying very hard to only net things that are absolutely necessary to
make it into bo-updates (soon to be: bo-untested)

                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

       Touch passion when it comes your way.  It's rare enough as it is;
       don't walk away when it calls you by name.  -- Marcus (Babylon 5)