Policy for kernel modules ?

I'd like to package the u2fs alternative UFS filesystem module. The
source consists of a patch to the kernel sources (additions to include and
config files) and a new directory ./fs/u2fs for the kernel. The resulting
binary is a kernel module.

Is there a policy how to handle such kernel module packages, esp. such
involving patches to kernel source files ? The joystick package doesn't
need to patch the kernel...

	Gregor

[PS: A newbie question: What do I have to do to compile the module so
that it can be used with an existing kernel-image ?]

---
|                Gregor Hoffleit   Mathematisches Institut, Uni HD    |
| flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de   INF 288, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany |
|               (NeXTmail, MIME)   (49)6221 54-5771    fax  54-8312   |
|                  "We will make windows invisible"                   |