Re: sysvinit boot sequence and /etc/init.d/boot

In article <[🔎] m9bn2ly4b4q.fsf@jocoque.cps.msu.edu>,
Steve Dunham <dunham@cps.msu.edu> wrote:
>Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplejacq@quoininc.com> writes:
>> > 3. Put the S00 - S99 for boot time into /etc/rc.boot instead of /etc/init.d
>
>A concensus may be hard on this one, because I like #3.  FWIW,
>Slowaris uses "/etc/rcS.d", which is also acceptable to me.  (It
>could be argued that "rcS.d" is a little more consistent than
>rc.boot).

This is a very good point. I didn't even know that! I just looked on a
Solaris box, and I found the rcS.d directory. It's probably the best
idea to just copy that idea, since it is indeed more standard.

Mike.
--
| Miquel van Smoorenburg |                                                    |
| miquels@cistron.nl     | Owners of digital watches, your days are numbered. |