difference between libpng1 and libpng0 ?

What is the difference anyways?

I have libpng0 installed, yet for ages gv, aladdin ghostscript and etc
have depended on a "libpng1".  *sigh*, I suppose I should file a bug
report...  But should I file the bug report to all the programs that
depend on libpng1, or to the maintainer of libpng0, or to the nonexistant
maintainer of the nonexistant libpng1 package, politely asking him to get
his ass in gear and create the package? =)

Hoping a little humor can be injected into the situation ;)

Manong Dibos                           *elCapitanoDelBoholClub*