Re: [Offtopic] C++-coded-packages

>>"Jason" == Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:

Jason> Is there any tool to tell if any libraries are totally unused
Jason> and can be removed? I wonder how many package depend on
Jason> libraries that they don't actually use (like libg++)

	This is a part of the pkg-order suite. This does precisely
 what you want.

PKG-NODEP(1)   User Contributed Perl Documentation   PKG-NODEP(1)

       pkg-nodep - List of packages that are not targets.

        usage: pkg-node [options]
        where the options are:

       --check-recommends   Check Recommends as well [OFF]

       --check-suggests     Check Suggests as well   [OFF]

       --installed-packages <Package-file-for-installed-packages>

       This utility details out the list of packages installed
       that have no other packages that depend on them
       (optionally also checks Recommends and Suggestions).

        The default is to assume that the list of installed packages may be
        derived from the file I</var/lib/dpkg/status>, but the user may
        override this by providing a I<Packages> file listing all the
        packages that are assumed to be installed.

       This is very inchoate, at the moment, and needs testing.

       None Known so far.

       Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>