Re: difference between libpng1 and libpng0 ?

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 17:49:51 PDT Manong Dibos (jwalther@citytel.net)
wrote:

> I have libpng0 installed, yet for ages gv, aladdin ghostscript and etc
> have depended on a "libpng1".  *sigh*, I suppose I should file a bug
> report...  But should I file the bug report to all the programs that
> depend on libpng1, or to the maintainer of libpng0, or to the nonexistant
> maintainer of the nonexistant libpng1 package, politely asking him to get
> his ass in gear and create the package? =)

As bizarre as it may seems, libpng0 supercedes libpng1. All packages
depending on libpng1 have bugs filed so that they can be recompiled
against libpng0. But we're all waiting for the great X11 libc6
upgrade :-)

Phil.