Re: Ext2fs problem not cured by e2fsck

In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.970829143103.15770A-100000@noah.dfis.ull.es>, writes:
  >On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Oliver Elphick wrote:
  >
  >> I had a power failure yesterday and I have a corrupted filesystem as
  >> a result.  When fsck tried to repair it, it produced some strange
  >> messages, and seems to be unable to repair the problem.
  >>
  >> I am also getting a 'no space on device' message, but 'df -k' still
  >> shows 273Mb available.
  >>
  >> This is what I get:
  >[...]
  >
  >Which version of e2fstools are you using? There were some problems with
  >the version before the last one in hamm, that give this kind of errors for
  >partitions >2GB

 $ dpkg -l e2fsprogs
 Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
uppercase=bad)
 ||/ Name            Version        Description
=
 hi  e2fsprogs       1.10-4         The EXT2 file system utilities.

as far as I know this is the latest available.

Also the partition is somewhat less than 2Gb (if 2Gb = 1024*1024*2 = 2097152).
The partition is 2074429, according to df.

Isle of Wight                                  http://lfix.co.uk/oliver

     Make it idiot-proof, and someone will breed a better idiot.