Re: Recent Tcl/Tk Changes

Regarding the tcl/tk discussion:

I wonder how we can make TkStep fit into that. TkStep is a replacement
for Tk with a NEXTSTEP look (the current TkStep4.2p2 rel.5 also features a
few addtions to Tk4.2p2 like Offix DnD and TIFF and XPM support, see
http://rhein-zeitung.de/~ograf/wm/TkStep.html).

Conceptually, TkStep seems to relate to Tk like Xaw95 or neXtaw to Xaw.
Plain Tk programs should work fine with TkStep (while some might prefer
the Tk look for certain programs), while some programs (WMRat) need
TkStep.

I wonder if it's reasonable to come up with a solution similar to
xaw-wrappers, or are the tkstep maintainers responsible for taking care of
the necessary provisions ?

	Gregor

---
|                Gregor Hoffleit   Mathematisches Institut, Uni HD    |
| flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de   INF 288, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany |
|               (NeXTmail, MIME)   (49)6221 54-5771    fax  54-8312   |
|                  "We will make windows invisible"                   |