Re: Microsoft/Marimba/W3C Open Software Description (OSD)

[I'm making this look like a reply so that smartlist doesn't think that
 it is a (un)subscribe request.  Anyone know why? ]

Anyone else find this interesting?

It looks like Marimba and Microsoft are working on developing
a standardized format based on XML for describing software (and
dependencies) for use in electronic software distribution
(aka "push") products.

We could easily generate a bunch of .osd files derived from the
Packages file used by dpkg.  Then perhaps dpkg could be used as
a "push" client back-end system.  That would certainly blow
away what Microsoft, Marimba, InstallShield, etc. have in mind...

 - Jim