Re: ldso downgrade [weg@purdue.edu: need HELP in RECOVERING a DEBIAN SYSTEM]

Eythan Weg <weg@purdue.edu> writes:

> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
>

> > Hello!
> >
> > This poor guy got no response on debian-user for several days.
> >
> > He downgraded ldso, *ugh*.
>
> This is not precise, but thank you fror the care.  Francois Gelis
> (gelis@lapp.in2p3.fr) wrote this on debian-user:

Now I am not so sure.  Perhaps it was a private mail.  Things had been
hectic.

But now there is a new development.  When I thought everything is
almost all right X stopped working not being able to load libXmu.so.6.

What did I do between having X running and this failure?
I was on my way for an upgrade to 1.3,  following the instructions:

dpkg --clear-avail
dpkg --install ldso_1.8.10-2

Here I believe /usr/lib/libhistory.so and /usr/lib/libreadline.so
were not found by ldconfig.  Why?

Then at some point I found that xterm does not work not being able to
load libXmu.so.6.
Any ideas?

Thank you all.

eythan