Re: list restructuring proposal

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I propose to split debian-devel into two other lists: debian-tech for
> technical discussions among the developers, and debian-packaging for
> discussion of issues that come up when packaging a program.

I, for one, would love such a split.  I find dpkg really interesting,
but I'm on here because I'm a package developer, not because I want to hack
dpkg.

Speaking of which, does anyone know whom I need contact to have my password
on master reset?  Additionally, I have two cryptographic packages; do I need
to find overseas-sponsors myself, or is there a waiting list of volunteers?
I think it'd be really cool if there were an FAQ for these sorts of mundane
questions from package managers, esp. new ones.  I truly have no idea whom
I need contact on these two issues, and it's a tad frustrating and embarassing
to have to ask them here.  I will be happy to coordinate such an FAQ if
others think it worthwhile.

--
Todd Graham Lewis       Manager of Web Engineering    MindSpring Enterprises
(800) 719-4664, x2804             Linux!               tlewis@mindspring.net