list restructuring proposal

I think before we restucture the user lists we should deal with the developer
lists. We have already created debian-policy for policy discussions. Please
direct open policy discussion there. We maintain a discussion list that is
not open to non-developers for issues that might be "sensitive" - you should
always consider whether a particular discussion could do someone harm if it
was to be widely distributed, and use the private list for such discussions.
I propose to split debian-devel into two other lists: debian-tech for
technical discussions among the developers, and debian-packaging for
discussion of issues that come up when packaging a program. Once these
are created debian-devel can be removed.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html