help, Who modifies /etc/services ?

 Hello, I am building a the new package asp, Address Search Protocol,
which requires an entry in /etc/services under the section labeled
" Services added for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution".

 Do I need to register 27374/udp with Debian (and with whom?), or it the
task of postinst to add it to the table ?

( I could not find the answer in the policy manual.)

--
Ioannis Tambouras
ioannis@flinet.com, West Palm Beach, Florida