Re: egcs (New GCC)

On 16 Aug 1997, Rob Browning wrote:

> Vincent Renardias <vincent@waw.com> writes:
>
> > one more is probably not a problem, as long as it Provides:, Conflicts:
> > with the other packages correctly.
>
> It would be really nice if we could have gcc and egcc installed
> concurrently.  Then it would be easy to check suspected problems in
> each compiler's behavior against the other.  It would also make gcc an
> easy fallback for cases that egcc doesn't initially handle well.

I'm not sure this is a good thing. Different gcc versions can co-exist,
when one is set up as native compiler, and the others as cross-compilers;
but I'm not sure it's possible to have 2 native gcc on the same machine
without horrible kludges. What do the other think?

	Cordialement,

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -