Re: Debian

Chan Family <corp@mail.doitnow.com> writes:

> I have recently purchased a copy of debian on CD and I tried
> installing it on my old computer, which was a 486 running at 66 Mhz
> but that computer could not boot from the CD drive.  Is there any
> way that I can install it?

If you have DOS installed or a DOS boot disk, change into the \BOOT
directory on the CD-ROM and type BOOT.  Otherwise you'll need to make
the appropriate boot disks.  See \BO\DISKS-I3\1997-05-\INSTALL.TXT or
wherever it is on your CD.

If your CD-ROM is quite old, it might help to know its brand and
settings (IRQ etc.).

--
		Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

   "On the telephone line I am anyone, I am anything I want to be."
                                       - Savage Garden, _Santa Monica_