Local packages?

I have made some local packages and would like to integrate them into
dselect.  I have made a directory on our FTP mirror and have put them
there, along with a script that generates a Packages file by simply
taking the control sections from the .deb and adding blank lines
between them.

However, dselect apparently wants more -- things like a Filename
header, md5sums, etc.  How can I generate Packages files for local
packages?  Can I get the scripts that are used on master (and would
these even help me)?  If so, where?

John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    | Do YOU need more Speed, Power, and Reliability?
jgoerzen@complete.org | Check out http://www.debian.org NOW!
Notice: You may purchase the right to send me unsolicited commercial e-mail
("spam") for the fee of $500 (USD) per message.  Billing can be either
pre-arranged or can occur automatically after the reception of a spam.
Failure to pay will be treated in accordance to US Code, title 47, sec. 227,
which allows unsolicited e-mail to be punishable by action to recover actual
monetary loss or $500, whichever is greater, per violation.  Sending spam
to me without payment constitutes unauthorized access to my mail daemon,
which is in violation of federal law.