Re: svgalib libc6 (was: GS alladin 5.02 is out)

> Since there is a svgalib-dummy which can be used as a replacement
> for svgalib-realthing we can twist things around and compile all
> programs with svgalib-dummy-dev. Then, if/when svgalib-realthing is
> released, those people who need it can just install it and replace
> the svgalib-dummy lib.
> In other words, let's make svgalib-dummy the standard lib and
> svgalib-realthing the special-interest replacement.

Much honour for my quick'n'dirty svgalib-dummy hack :-)
But your idea isn't that silly, IMHO...

At least, svgalib-dummy can be used to compile programs for libc6.
Obviously, you can't test the resulting svgalib support, but you get
it compiled... Ok, I'm already working on the new svgalib-dummyg1 :-)

But, BTW, the problems with the real svgalib should be also be solved
(Joost used a pre-release, and the final one contains a fix for the
problem, but at the point Joost had already given up). I've mailed him
that, and hope he now can get out svgalib 1.2.11 soon.