Re: XZX Copyright

Juan Cespedes <cespedes@etsit.upm.es> writes:

>  * warranty. THE CODE MAY NOT BE MODIFIED OR REUSED WITHOUT PERMISSION!
>
> 	Note the last line: "THE CODE MAY NOT BE MODIFIED".  Does this
> mean I cannot distribute a compiled (ie, modified) binary?

Very weird.  It looks like he took a standard copyright and added that
last line in.  The first part of the copyright gives permission to
anyone, so perhaps that last sentence is meaningless.

Why don't you contact him and ask him to just remove that last
sentence, or explicitly say that he gives everyone permission (not
just Debian).

> > Future versions of XZX may not be free at all.

That's ok.

Guy