Well, I'm having some problems with the XZX Copyright... I
even don't know if it will fit into non-free. Here is a copy:
* Permission to use, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation
* for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above
* copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and
* this permission notice appear in supporting documentation, and that the name
* of the copyright holder not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to
* distribution of the software without specific, written prior permission. The
* copyright holder makes no representations about the suitability of this
* software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied
* warranty. THE CODE MAY NOT BE MODIFIED OR REUSED WITHOUT PERMISSION!
Note the last line: "THE CODE MAY NOT BE MODIFIED". Does this
mean I cannot distribute a compiled (ie, modified) binary?
However, from the README:
> XZX is free, but still copyrighted (see file COPYRIGHT). You can give it to
> anybody if you not change, or remove anything from the package. However, I
> spent a lot of my spare time on developing XZX and also money for buying
> Spectrums, so every donation is welcomed. If you like this program, you should
> at least send the author a postcard.
> Future versions of XZX may not be free at all.
Shall I contact the author "Erik Kunze <Erik.Kunze@fantasy.muc.de>"
asking for permission?
Please give me some advice... thanks.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .