XZX Copyright

	Well, I'm having some problems with the XZX Copyright... I
even don't know if it will fit into non-free.  Here is a copy:

 * Permission to use, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation
 * for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above
 * copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and
 * this permission notice appear in supporting documentation, and that the name
 * of the copyright holder not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to
 * distribution of the software without specific, written prior permission.  The
 * copyright holder makes no representations about the suitability of this
 * software for any purpose.  It is provided "as is" without express or implied
 * warranty. THE CODE MAY NOT BE MODIFIED OR REUSED WITHOUT PERMISSION!

	Note the last line: "THE CODE MAY NOT BE MODIFIED".  Does this
mean I cannot distribute a compiled (ie, modified) binary?

	However, from the README:

> XZX is free, but still copyrighted (see file COPYRIGHT).  You can give it to
> anybody if you not change, or remove anything from the package.  However, I
> spent a lot of my spare time on developing XZX and also money for buying
> Spectrums, so every donation is welcomed.  If you like this program, you should
> at least send the author a postcard.
>
> Future versions of XZX may not be free at all.

	Shall I contact the author "Erik Kunze <Erik.Kunze@fantasy.muc.de>"
asking for permission?

	Please give me some advice... thanks.

--