Re: Debian contacts

On Aug 4, Sue Campbell wrote
> Occasionally people need to contact someone about a particular aspect
> of Debian. For those of us with bad memories, this can be difficult,
> so I started keeping a list of different jobs and who was responsible
> for each. Others might find this useful.

Rather than using addresses of individuals, I think it is better to have
more permanent addresses [Computer Science meta-pattern #0: add another
layer of indirection], in the form of aliases that (almost) speak for
themselves. We have some of those already.

> Board of Directors: (still active?)

Isn't there a debian-bod mailings list?

> Officers:

Should have an alias.

Can/do we have ftp@debian.org?

There is webmaster@debian.org.

There is owner@bugs.debian.org.

Security is probably special (currently security@debian.org ->
debian-security@lists, right?). For the others, IMO we should have
{pgp,listmaster,publicity,mirror,dns}@debian.org aliases.

> Docs:

debian-doc@lists.debian.org

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch