Re: Diety UI draft

> Federico Di Gregorio <fog@perosa.alpcom.it> writes:
>
> > Are you suggesting that we all recompile packages every time
> > we make an upgrade? What .deb (binary) files are here for then?
>
> No, those with really serious bandwidth limitations or a desire to
> compile everything from scratch (for security reasons or whatever)
> would use this option.  Others could continue as before.

It's a Nightmare... just imagine recompiling teTeX, XEmacs, GIMP
and a couple of other *big* packages... sources+.o during compilation
goes up to several hundreds of Kb. A distribution is good because
you ont need to recompile yourself the packages you trust or you
dont want to customize. If I can update spending less money, the
distribution is better that others (well debian is now better than
other, but lets make it perfect!).

Ciao.

* Federico Di Gregorio   |  /      the number you dialled is     *
* Debian developer!      | / -1   imaginary... please, rotate    *
* <friend of penguins>   |/      the phone PI/2 and try again!   *
****************DE 9E B2 75 B4 F6 CC 5B  C3 D5 71 51 04 AB F3 B2**