Re: Kernel flavors (Re: boot-time kernel selection)

Hi,
>>"Rob" == Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

Rob> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
>> I also propose to remove the System.map symlink in /, since top,
>> ps, and klogd do understand /boot/System.map-`uname -r` (I do
>> intend to continue to keep /boot/System.map-`uname -r`).
>>
>> This looks like a win-win solution, unless someone sees an
>> objection ...

Rob> So does this totally obsolete the image_in_boot option, or will
Rob> there still be a /vmlinux by default?

	Well, yes (I suppose you meant /vmlinuz?). I am not willing to
 abandon my silent but loyal LILO customers. People who don't like
 vmlinuz can ignore it, the rest os us can use it in our lilo.conf.

	manoj

--
 "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Author Unknown