Re: Kernel flavors (Re: boot-time kernel selection)

>>"Rob" == Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

Rob> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
>> I also propose to remove the System.map symlink in /, since top,
>> ps, and klogd do understand /boot/System.map-`uname -r` (I do
>> intend to continue to keep /boot/System.map-`uname -r`).
>> This looks like a win-win solution, unless someone sees an
>> objection ...

Rob> So does this totally obsolete the image_in_boot option, or will
Rob> there still be a /vmlinux by default?

	Well, yes (I suppose you meant /vmlinuz?). I am not willing to
 abandon my silent but loyal LILO customers. People who don't like
 vmlinuz can ignore it, the rest os us can use it in our lilo.conf.

 "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Author Unknown