Not remove rex: Another similar problem (fwd)

Lets hope this guy is now confident enough to file his own bug reports.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:25:34 +0930
From: Mark Mickan <mmickan@ozemail.com.au>
To: SirDibos <jwalther@citytel.net>
Subject: Re: Time to remove rex?

When I upgraded to 1.2 from 1.1 I had a similar problem.  (I didn't
report
it as a bug because at the time I was new to Debian and didn't realize
just how easy it was to report a bug!)  I found that on bootup chat
worked
fine, but as soon as I started my x-server (svga) chat stopped working
and
I had to reboot.  I downgraded my xserver to a version from
1.1.something
(In fact, I've just checked and I'm still using xserver-svga 3.1.2-5).
haven't tried any of the 3.3 servers.

Perhaps this indicates some hardware conflict?  Just for the record, I'm
using a 486(DX4/100) with a cirrus logic 5434 video card.

I haven't sent this to the list, but if it works, you're welcome to let
the
list know and file the bug report (or ask me to ;)

Hope this help,

Mark Mickan
mmickan@ozemail.com.au