Re: Time to remove rex?

Alex Yukhimets wrote:

> > Is it appropriate to remove rex (Debian 1.2) from the ftp archive?

> NO!!!

> If you follow the discussion on debian-user, you may notice that many
> users fall back on Xfree86-3.2 packages which could be found only in rex
> nowdays.

Also, some people may wish to fall back to the older modutils, since
the one shipped with "bo" is for "Linux-2.1.18 and above kernels".
(In particular, kernels compiled with the newer modutils are
incompatible with commercial kernel modules, like afs.)

If we kill rex, we should make a place for old, but still useful
packages.

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu