Re: source dependencies

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Goswin Brederlow wrote:

> The maintainer puts in as many as he know, and if somebody finds one
> missing he fills a bug report. At the start it would probably give many
> many bugreports (one should state that they should be maintonly for some
> time),

a good way to establish some probably useful hints.

> If nobody sees that package X is missing, then package X seems
> to be so common that EVERYONE compiling the source had it installed so
> far (which is only true for the basesystem and a c compiler).

this is a quality issue. just dont go and tell the people
that this list is _complete_. you do not know, and you will
never know.

make it clear that these are hints. it might get really useful
if we find a good approximation to the complete list. just don't
go and tell it is complete.

how about
   dependency-hints: ...
or