Re: Vitamin D

On Fri, Jul 25, 1997 at 05:12:38AM -0700, SirDibos wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Galen Hazelwood wrote:
> > Fixed uid/gid numbers should only be for packages which _really_ need to
> > have them uniform on all systems running Debian.  I don't think Doom
> > counts.
>
> Well, still, we do have enough in reserve to go around.  If we dont give
> one of em to Doom, then what does qualify?  I think for most of us doom
> would qualify.  And the standaradization will be just another nice little
> Debian feature.
>
> Basically, I dont see how it can hurt =]  Doom is such a major game.
> Maybe Quake needs its own uid/gid too, since it runs in server mode.  It
> does act as a kind of database, and it is a major application for some
> sites.

But can you even run doom any more? The only binaries I have
are off the Slackware 2.3 CD I have, and they're a.out, ie not
runnable on a libc6 system.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust                    moffatt@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.