Re: source dependencies : virtual names

Hi,

	I think I was confused; I was still thinking binary
 depends. In the case of source packages, I think that most packages
 that compiled with libc5-dev will also compile with libc6-dev, and
 generally need only depend (this is sources we are talking about) on
 libc-dev. The *Binaries* still would depend explicitly on libc5/libc6
 as appropiate.

	In short: for source dependencies lic-dev is likely to be more
 appropriate than libc6-dev (except n pathological cases), binary
 dependencies are likely to have to be explicit.

	I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. Must be getting old and
 senile.

	manoj
--
 "The highest form of pure thought is in mathematics." Plato