Re: NIS+ support in glibc/libc6

In article <[🔎] y8shgdknrhx.fsf@imsa.edu>, Ben Gertzfield <che@imsa.edu> wrote:

>NIS+ should be completely separate from NIS -- the two are totally
>different things.
>
>    Miquel> Anyway, if you're going to do anything, please contact me
>    Miquel> so that we can coordinate this.

Okay, so I should probably NOT use the nistools package from Thorsten Kukuk.
Come to think of it I should probably nag him to seperate his nisttools
package into nistools and nisplustools. Then we could keep NIS and NIS+
completely seperate, right?

>I'd like to test it out -- is Helmut planning to release a lib6 with
>the DES encryption enabled?

Only if it's in non-US. It can never be a part of the official Debian. Maybe
it's possible to put the DES encryption part in a seperate shared library?

Mike.
--
| Miquel van Smoorenburg |  "I need more space" "Well, why not move to Texas" |
| miquels@cistron.nl     |  "No, on my account, stupid." "Stupid? Uh-oh.."    |