NIS+ support in glibc/libc6

Woo hoo! I'm taking a look now at
http://www-vt.uni-paderborn.de/~kukuk/linux/nisplus.html, which says
that there is full support for NIS+ -- even for the DES encryption for
Sun's security level 2 is there -- available natively in glibc/libc6
and as a patch for libc5. There is even a full suite of NIS+ tools
that's almost done with being in development!

Is anyone looking to package this? This could be a big big thing for
Debian. If we can announce a package that will let anyone interface
Linux with their huge Solaris NIS+ clusters, and Debian makes it easy,
we could really gain a lot of popularity.

I'll package up the tools if nobody wants to -- but the libc6
maintainer probably needs to look into the NIS+ patches on that
web-site above.

Only the ease of packages could let people upgrade their libc and
other parts of the system to make the NIS+ transition possible --
maybe we can push this a lot!

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters M and P and the number 8.
"Arrrrrh. This chair be high, says I." -- Blackbeard the Pirate