Re: New package fields (was: Re: lsof)

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Amos Shapira wrote:

> There is this idea which I keep coming back to in various situations -
> how about some "creation date" field which will list the time that
> particular Debian revision was created?  That way it might be possible
> to find how up-to-date a package is.

A good aproximation is the date of the last change added in the
changelog.debian file, for example:

"
perl (5.003.07-6) unstable; urgency=low

  * Changed perl, perl-suid, and perl-debug to section interpreters.

 -- Darren Stalder <torin@daft.com>  Fri, 17 Jan 1997 19:04:13 -0800
"

(Of course, you can't see that if you don't unpack the package).

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna