New package fields (was: Re: lsof (was Re: bind 4.9.6))

In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.970724105756.25380A-100000@valdez.netg.se> you write:
|On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Philippe Troin wrote:
|
|> We've got plenty to give you.
|> Please consult the "Work-Needing and Prospective Package" document on the De
|bian web page. Plenty of packages to maintain.
|
|Did that, and found lsof in dire need of updates (seems to have been
|abandoned for close to a year), so I'm starting with that. (Pretty close

There is this idea which I keep coming back to in various situations -
how about some "creation date" field which will list the time that
particular Debian revision was created?  That way it might be possible
to find how up-to-date a package is.

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        amos@gezernet.co.il |                     -- Anonymous