Re: updating configfiles - a vote for templates

--------
> If we had an ADMIN tool in the sense of craigs proposal (templates,
> database), it should be easy to update config files with dpkg automagically,
> without the "Do you want to overwrite /etc/blabla?" question.

This was exactly the incentive for using dtxtdb at the first place...
Of course this only works for live files (such as scripts, e.g. /etc/init.d/*);
for dead data (everything else in /etc) you probably have to resort to templates
(or something like that).

David