Re: Package dependency tree in pkg order

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
> 	I have used the perl 5 modules contained in the pkg-order
>  package to create two more utilities, like pkg-order, all the
>  executables are merely small wrappers around the librarycalls.
>
>  1) pkg-nodep -- List of packages that no other package pre-depends or
>     depends on (optionally, recommends and/or suggestsd can be heeded
>     as well). I learnt that I no longer need libc4 -- the other libs I
>     no longer have packages dependent on are:
>
> 	 libbfd2.7.0.9 libbfd2.8 libbfd2.8.1-dev libc4 libc6-doc
> 	 libc6-pic libcgi-perl libcgi-pm-perl libdbi-perl
> 	 libdl1-altdev libdnd1-dev libelf0-dev libg++272-dbg
> 	 libg++272-dev libgdbm1-altdev libgdbmg1-dev libgif2-dev
> 	 libgpc2 libident libjpeg-dev libjpeg-progs libmagick-dev
> 	 libmsql1 libpam-dbg libpam-doc libpng0-dev libproc-dev
> 	 libpwdb-dbg libpwdb-doc libreadline2-altdev libreadlineg2-dev
> 	 libtclobjc1 libtiff3-dev libtiff3-gif libtool

Very interesting tool, I'm going to try it as soon as Manoj uploads it.
Actually, runtime libraries and other "service" packages (i. e. packages not
intented for final users to work with them directly but for other packages to
depend on them) should be removed automatically when the packages needing them
are removed.  Are there any plans on dpkg or Deity to implemment this?

Regards,

M. S.