Re: Plans for packaging GIMP 0.99

On 15 Jul 1997, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     joost> If these libs are only used for compiling gtk, and no other
>     joost> packages, I really think they have to stay in the gtk
>     joost> sources, and use -I`pwd`/gtk or some such to compile them.
> They're not. gtk is a general toolkit, and besides the other programs
> like gzilla that use it, anyone who wants to compile their own
> plug-ins for The GIMP needs the gtk libraries and headers.

And just a note to that: a few days ago, I saw a message posted on
tw.bbs.comp.linux (the Taiwan (Chinese) Linux newsgroup) about gtk.  The
poster mentioned something about internationalizing gtk, and said that it
already works with certain Chinese and Japanese codings.  Sounds exciting!
(Although I must admit that I had no idea what it was until I saw your
discussion about GIMP 0.99 on this list.  ^_^

Anthony Fok