Re: Printing a list packages that no package depends on

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:
|I just wrote something very similar: a small Perl script based on "sgrep"
|to list all packages depending on a specific package (recursively).

|This means: gcc depends on cpp, iconc depends on gcc, etc.
|
|This is useful if one wants to know how easily a specific package can be
|removed.
|
|If someone else should be intrested in this I could make it available.

Yes please.  It's the sort of think I wanted to sit down and write one
day.  Would be nice to have an option ("-a"?) to list the entire
package tree (I can't find a package which everything depends on).

|Perhaps we should package up all those little scripts in a package
|(debianutils, pkg-order, or something else).

Probably.  But it would be nice to have it available even earlier.

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        amos@gezernet.co.il |                     -- Anonymous