Re: GIMP orphaned?

    Joey> It really depends on some fonts in sharefont? That would be
    Joey> bad, as it'd have to go into contrib then..

It doesn't depend on them per se; some of the demonstration scripts
that come with GIMP that make nifty logos won't run unless you change
the font -- the default font that they use is often from
freefont. (Only one script, AFAIK, uses a font from sharefont.) It's
simple to change what font GIMP uses for a script -- but the default
is often one from share/freefont.

When I made my experimental 0.99.10 .deb package of GIMP, I just had
it Recommend: sharefont and freefont..

for a more permanent solution, we could perhaps change the scripts
themselves to use more standard fonts.

--
Brought to you by the letters V and M and the number 14.
"He's like.. some sort of.. non-giving up.. school guy!" -- Bart Simpson