Re: kill -9 -1 from non-super user in X hangs Debian

On 09 Jul 1997 21:42:11 PDT Karl M. Hegbloom (karlheg+debdev@inetarena
.com) wrote:

>  I tried it, and it just killed all running programs, including X, and
> dropped me back to the XDM login screen.

Tried it here under xdm. It completely hung the computer (console crashed, and no answer from the network). This is annoying...
It should at least only hang the console...
The server is S3V, which has problems when you send it a SIGHUP (sometimes it hangs, I had to add RestartServer: true in the Xdm resources).

Phil.