kill -9 -1 from non-super user in X hangs Debian

When I type "kill -9 -1" as a non-super user in an xterm, the system
hangs. The mouse won't move, and I can't change to a virtual console. I
don't know if I can still login via telnet, since I have no network
connection.

Well, the answer to the problem is obviosly "don't type it, then", but I
think it should be impossible for a non-super user to trash the system
in any way, and programs may accidentally do something similar.

I would maybe file a bug report if I knew against what... xbase? bash?
kernel? login?

So, anybody knows what to do?

		Falk Hueffner