Re: new approach: Documentation Policy

> Can't deity be implemented to match something like
>
>         /usr/doc/*/html
>
> too? I wouldn't like to "centralize" documentation again. (We already had
> /usr/doc/copyright and /usr/doc/examples, but they have been removed.)

Probably, yes.  The original design only called for prefixes because it
also allowed replacements -- changing the prefix so someone could do
something like move all man pages from /usr/man to /usr/share/man.

Such replacements is much more difficult to implement when you can have
wildcards anywhere in the path.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )