Re: Anyone interested in MusiXTeX?

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Santiago Vila Doncel wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Anthony Fok wrote:
> > I finally managed to put together a (half-done) Debian package for
> > MusiXTeX, for typesetting music scores under TeX.  I am wondering if there
> > are any interests for such music typesetting packages?  May I upload it
> > into hamm after I apply to become a new maintainer?  :)  Thanks.
>
> Yes, please!

Wow, thanks!  :)

> Did you package Egler's version or Taupin's one?

I packaged Taupin's one (T.73), because it seems that Egler's version is
no longer maintained.  (I might be wrong though.  I am kind of new to
this.  :) BTW, which one do you prefer?  Egler's or Taupin's?  :)

I just was just surfing the web and discovered "http://www.gmd.de/Misc/Music/";.
There are quite a few add-ons and pre-processors for MusiXTeX.  There is
also GNU LilyPond, which uses the fonts from MusiXTeX but does not depend
on MusiXTeX, and it looks pretty good too (the "Mudela" language for
musical notation").  With so many to choose from, I wonder which notations
I should learn!  :)  Anyway, I'd better try to see if I can get them
compiled at all.  :)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling            foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca