Re: /etc /usr/etc: solution?

On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 4 Jul 1997, Yann Dirson wrote:
> > > Oops! I meant "FS-extension-based solution"... the one with /usr/etc
> > > as default directory associated to /etc
> >
> > Good solution.  I think we must accept it (or vote this one against
> > the simple one, having conffile in /etc only) and put it in
> > debian-policy.
>
> I strongly object! I want NO conffile outside of /etc !

Then you will move them back and delete them there.  But why do you
object?  I explained my point of view, now please explain yours.  BTW,
I proposed this because I'm a sysadmin, and I know that I really don't
want to copy conffiles into /etc every time I install a new program.

Vadik.

--
Vadim Vygonets * vadik@cs.huji.ac.il * vadik@debian.org * Unix admin
The fish doesn't think, because the fish knows...  everything.