Re: Easier Solution: Documentation Policy

SirDibos writes:
 > On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Yann Dirson wrote:
 > > I remind you (once again) that many people in Europe are *charged* for
 > > local phone calls
 >
 > I am appreciative of this.  I am charged by my ISP by the hour.
 >
 > However most of the major packages which come with documentation are
 > already split up this way.  Also, if you are in dselect, and doing your
 > package selection online, wouldnt the time you spend online picking out
 > just the packages you want be more than just downloading the docs?  I see
 > a point of diminishing returns here.

...! I really don't understand why you need to be online to select the
packages you want to download! What I do myself is 1) update Packages
files (online) 2) select what I want (offline) 3) download them when
communications are cheaper.
--
Yann Dirson <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>
http://monge.univ-mlv.fr/~dirson